My Experience At The Fashion and Textiles Museum

Tuesday 21 May 2013


Heyyy everyone!
Today's post is just an insight into what I have been getting up to in my spare time.

I regularly attend free fashion and textiles workshops at the Fashion & Textiles Museum located in Bermondsey. These 2-day workshops are aimed at both male and female, 16-19 years old. Check out www.ftmlondon.org for more information.

The workshop I recently took part in ' Textiles Creative Pattern' is a new course for budding textile designers. I was taught a range of techniques for 2D print pattern. I also got the chance to experiment with mark-making, drawing and mixed media to develop a range of ideas for prints which I can later develop into a fashion collection.


 Initial print ideas
                  Materials used: Black Indian ink, various sized hair tinting brushes,doilies, lace, mesh plastic and cardboard.



In the two images above I was experimenting with repeating the patterns that I created .

My first final Print done on A2 white cartridge paper.




Above: Final prints after introducing colour.
I am very pleased with the results and will be developing these into a range of t-shirt designs very soon.



The two images above are the final designs done by two lovely ladies that were in my class. We all used the same materials but as you can see all our results are completely different in the sense of style and colour.


Hope you enjoyed this post :)
You can follow me on instagram 
@iamadijak_x

Toyo xxx

Post a Comment